"Rising of the Son" Mixtape coming soon.....

"To you music is your job, to me music is my life" -Lil Wayne-

Monday, June 28, 2010

What Inspires Me...

Being one artist out of millions I'm inspired by the success of those that were in my same position as me but made it through. Everyone has a story from where they started and how they got to where they are now; for some it was a long road, for others not so much. Knowing that I can be that next artist is one of many things that drive me to do what I do. Watching awards shows and seeing the unity and support among "black entertainers" make me feel like i'm part of something special. Seeing that Dallas artist have a stereotype for the style of music we create, I'm striving to break that stereotype so our music can be viewed in a different light. So many avenues have been created to allow artist to be heard that it has created an oversaturation of people now becoming "rappers"; this has made it that much harder but also pushes me to be unique in my craft. My inspiration grows with every song I make and I thank those that came before me who paved the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment