"Rising of the Son" Mixtape coming soon.....

"To you music is your job, to me music is my life" -Lil Wayne-

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The "Easy Route"




Why do many rap artist want to take the "Easy Route" when it comes to trying to get into the industry? Soulja Boy was the biggest internet success to ever hit the industry and I respect his creativity and ideas which has made him a lot of money and a household name. His first single "Crank Dat Soulja Boy" was the beginning of the "dance song" evolution. Now all I see in Dallas is everyone trying to create their own dance song due to the success of "My Dougie" by Lil Will and "Stanky Leg" by GS Boyz. Yes, Dallas has created our own style of music but, no one has sustained any longevity which I see as "one hit wonders." It seems as if its all about fast money and being in the spotlight for a short time rather than for the love of music. Are the DJ's to blame for this? There's a big difference between a "dance song" and a "song to make you dance." There's no substance in a "dance song" and it doesn't take much creativity since most of the dances are a spin off of "My Dougie." I feel like the "dance song" revolution has completely died out but, why are local artist still making "dance songs"?!?!? Better yet, why are Dj's playing songs that have no quality or substance to it, knowing it won't make it past the local radio station?

No comments:

Post a Comment